This recipe was sponsored by Paderno Kitchenware.
Spiced Rum, Pecan and Chocolate Bundt Cake. This cake is super nutty and chocolately, mildly tipsy with a mellow touch of spice. It’s not a typical commercial bakery cake with a structured crumb. Rather an uber moist and delicious cake. Enjoy.
Spiced Rum, Pecan and Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups or 295 g whole grain flour (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 1/4 cup or 250 g white granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fancy molasses
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- 3/4 cup thick sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup or 185 grams chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup or 200 g semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- FOR THE ICING:
- 1.5 cups or 185 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar to sprinkle on top of frosting
- Take your 10” Fine-Edge Arch Paderno Bundt Pan and grease with baking spray OR brush 2 tablespoons of unsalted and softened butter (make sure you grease all the grooves and indents) and dust with AP flour. Discard the access flour and set pan aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F with oven rack in middle. In a large bowl, whisk together the whole grain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, molasses, spiced rum, Greek Yogurt and buttermilk until a smooth.
- Add the flour mix into the wet mix bowl slowly and whisk together for about 30 seconds.
- Fold 1 1/4 cup pecans and 1 1/4 cup chocolate chunks into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chunks and 1/4 cup chopped pecans into the Paderno Bundt pan.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for 55-65 minutes. Or until a tester stick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow pan to rest about 20 minutes. Invert onto coolling rack or plate and allow to completely cool.
- FOR THE ICING: Whisk together the icing sugar, spiced rum and vanilla extract until smooth and glossy. Once the bundt has cooled, drizzle the icing over the top of the cake.
- Dust 1 table spoon icing sugar. (Optional)